9.03.2014

ESCAPADE IN SWEDEN

After visiting Stockholm, I can say that it’s definitely one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.  

The city is just has a spectacular natural setting, set on hundreds of islands in a lagoon.  Stockholm’s old town, the Gamla Stan, is where you can find the most beautiful architecture, characterized by its yellow buildings and cobblestones.


Though I was visiting the city for 4 days, I spent as much time as I could exploring the beauty of it.

What surprised me most about Stockholm was its cultural diversity. Through my 5-months experience in Copenhagen, I got used to a certain way of living I could call "Scandinavian". 

Well, Stockholm was the antithesis of the social coldness I could feel in Denmark. People, from everywhere in the world (you could barely find a foreigner in some neighbourhoods in Copenhagen) were everywhere in the street, playing music, gossiping, dancing. The city is alive, and you feel it's moving everywhere. It made me think a bit of New York City.

Here are some of the shots I took there :







How a selfie could illustrate the multicultural diversity :


"Oh baby! Let's marry in the park!"









We also say Stockholm is the Venice of Scandinavia :



No comments:

Post a Comment